-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I don't think PC-type devices are going in the direction of the iPhone,...
Hi.
I just want to clarify one point that perhaps are not clear in my present texts in the topic.
[The Desktop PC]
I don't have any thinking or suggestion about the "desktop PC" in the current topic pointing to a possible direction that it will turn all to a "pocket 3G" like device. In fact in my current view I don't see the "desktop PC" becoming a "pocket" stuff for several reasons. Perhaps in the future, with new technologies, the "desktop PC" can become a different thing than it is today.
The entire reason of this topic is to point to "alternatives" to the traditional desktop PC, as not always people will have all the need that a desktop PC offer to the user.
Like the big computers, they remain big and still a very good business to this day. In the same sense, my current vision is that the "desk PC" will remain at the "desk" and it will remain a "PC", at least until lots of innovative technologies start to make possible to change its shape, size and efficiency.
So, in the way I look at technologies today I can't see big changes in the "desk" PC computer in the immediate time frame...
Like the big computers, that still around and strong, the "desk" PC is something that, I believe, will be around for while...
To finish: just clarifying the matter that the center focus of the topic is around the idea of something "beyond" the "desk PC" and all its correlated vision about "computing devices": the trends, the opportunities, the chanllenges, etc...
Valter
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99